It’s 2022 and we’re revving up for a busy election year!
The San Bernardino County Democratic Party is preparing progressive candidates to run for local offices. If you’ve ever wanted to serve your community, now is the time to find out how! If you are thinking of running or if you have already decided to run, this training is for you.
The monthly trainings will provide candidates and potential candidates with all they need to run a successful local campaign in San Bernardino County. Here’s the line up:
Session 1, Feb 27: So You Think You Want to Run for Office
• All the things you need to consider before running for local office.
Session 2, Mar 13: Finances, Forms, and Deadlines
• How to manage your campaign finances, reporting deadlines, and more.
Session 3, Mar 27: Knowing Your Community, Building a Network
• How to become known in your community and expand your network.
Session 4, Apr 3: Fundraising and Asking for Money
• Ways to raise funds, required reporting, and how to ask people to give to your campaign.
Session 5, May 1: Campaigns Strategies and Resources for Local Campaigns
• Helpful strategies and resources, including organizations that help elect Democrats.
Session 6, May 22: Finding Your Voice, Crafting Your Message for Success
• Figure out the issues that matter to you and how to communicate them to your voters.
Session 7, Jun 5: “Trip Wires” – What Can Go Wrong and How to Recover
• Some of the pitfalls of campaigning, how to avoid them, and how to get past them.
Sign up for great information, engaging guest speakers, practice assignments, all designed to prepare you to win.
Each session is scheduled for a Sunday from 1:30 – 5:00 PM
For general questions and for economic hardship requests, email email@example.com